Playground Equipment for the Children of Armours of Glory MinistriesAugust 24, 2020
Farming for household’s food and income. Agriculture is the main economic activity of Uganda’s people, we thought of it as important to have it as a program in our activities.
Under this, we grow crops like fruits, cereals, and vegetables, and keeping of animals like goats and poultry where ducks are also involved.
Through our agricultural projects, we can equip our children with skills in both crop and animal husbandry which prepares them well for a sustainable life in the future.
Not only equip our children with agricultural skills, but we are also able to generate some food and eggs which supplement the diet in our ministry home.
We also extend our agricultural skills to people in the community by doing the following::
- Giving some advanced skills in plant growing and animal rearing to struggling families in the community which helps them to get some income and improve their diet.
- Provide good seedlings from our nursery beds to our members in the community.
- We work together with our members in the community to get drugs for our animals and crops through group saving for this purpose.
- We provide hatched chicks from our poultry project to our members of the community.
- In carrying out all the above activities, we have some challenges which hinder our performance and these challenges include:
- Having no land to do our activities successfully causes us to keep practising small-scale agriculture.
- Lack of bigger land to practice larger-scale farming.
- Lack of modern machineries such as incubators for our poultry, greenhouses for continued crop growing even if it’s dry season, irrigation facilities, tractors and others.
- Computers for easy monitoring and recording of records.
- Transport facilities to reach out to all our members in the community.
- Despite the above challenges, we try to do what we can as we wait to get what can help us perform to our best level.